May 3, 2017

Fishy Birthday Wishes from Shark Shawn



Happy Wednesday! It's release time again at Whimsy Stamps - May Digital Release! All the new May images, papers and sentiments are available in the store now! 😀 Click HERE to see all new digital goodies! And as always it's instant gratification with digital stuff...no waiting time! Just download and start creating! Woohoo! 🙂

Here is a shaker card I made using the digital stamp Shark Shawn illustrated by no other than the fabulous Crissy and the digital Fish Sentiments set designed by our very talented Tracy.


I colored Shawn with my Copics. I then added the water using different blues of Memento ink pads - I applied them with my Clarity Brushes - to make his body appear to be partially under water. I love the soft effect it gives if you apply the ink with these brushes, much smoother than if you would sponge the background. My fellow DT sister Jeanette shows a how to on this technique in the latest Whimsy YouTube Video. You can watch it HERE. To add the glittery whitecaps I stippled with white Gesso and sprinkled it with white super fine glitter as long as it was still wet.
To create my shaker card I used the Shaker Builder Die set and to make the water appear in waves I used vellum paper  and cut it out with Stitched Border Die Trio and Pierced Border Die Trio. The balloon and hat are from the Sketched Elephants clear set and cut out with the matching Sketched Elephants dies. The fishy sentiment was cut out using the Sentiment Banner dies.
I added some bling with the glittery Winter Wishes Enamel Dots.

Don't forget to share your Whimsy creations in our Facebook group! We are looking forward seeing what you create!

Thanks for stopping by and I hope you like the new digital release!

Hugs,



2 comments:

  1. Iris, this is fintastic! You did an amazing job making him appear underwater

    ReplyDelete
  2. SNORT! This card is so stinkin CUTE!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time and leaving me some love! It's greatly appreciated and just made my day! :-)